Friday, July 22, 2016

Willow Tank and Pants No.1

I have been wanting to find a simple, elastic waist, cropped Pants (Trousers in the UK!) pattern and I have finally found it with the Pants No. 1 pattern by 100 Acts of Sewing. First off is my wearable muslin out of some old quilting cotton in my stash.
These are cropped pants on me and fit well. I call these my gardening pants. The pattern does not come with pockets. For this first version, for ease of fitting, I did not make in seam pockets. Instead I made patch pockets, much like cargo pockets, along  my leg which works way better for gardening purposes.  I made a size L and they are perfect for me.

Next up, is my first try at the Willow tank by Grainline Studio.  I love this tank but the darts were too low, which has been a common complaint among many people. The simple fix next time was to raise the darts about an inch. 
The result after making these two patterns once, was to make a two piece out of 2 meters of  (Hendy Blue) linen from Merchant and Mills

I look a bit miffed, don't I? That's probably because I was taking a lot of photos and a bit frustrated at times! Never mind, I have some more smiley pictures on the Carson dress post coming up. I do love this linen outfit and know I will get a lot of wear out of the two pieces.

9 comments:

  1. A lovely linen outfit. Its good to see you make pants. That reminds me, I need to make the Mercury trousers soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's the first time I think I've made an "outfit" and I think I should do it more! Have fun with the Mercury trousers!

      Delete
  2. Love your matching tank and pants set - great together or as separates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your matching tank and pants set - great together or as separates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su. I had never thought I would want a two piece but this works so well I may have to do it again!

      Delete
  4. These cropped pants must be very suitable for gardening purposes. And that ensemble in grey is so great, the fabric looks like just made for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't keep up with all you've created lately! Wow!! The last outfit looks very stylish and sophisticated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your simple, elegant style and fabric choices!
    very inspiring...
    :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris, for your kind comments! I love it when I hear from readers!

      Delete