Friday, July 22, 2016

Inari Crop Tee/Dress

Today I am playing catch up and will be creating a few posts about my recent makes. I thought it would be best if I group them by the pattern.  The first is the Inari Crop Tee/Dress pattern by Named. I have made it before here and here, but I am finally getting down and serious about the sizing!

The Cropped Tee is indeed cropped and too short for me. I have lengthened it by 4 inches (hem is 1.5 inches).  This was made at the beginning of July and I just love it. The fabric is from the Nani Iro S/S 2016  Collection. (Sorry no photo of me wearing it.)
Back in February I made the dress just to see if how the fit would be. I knew it would be short but it also fit the fabric I had on hand, an older quilting cotton in my stash. Back in February I'd wondered if I would ever wear it, it being very thin and short. Well, we are finally getting a stretch of warmer weather so I thought I would pop this on this morning, and I am still wearing it as I write this post. 
 

As others have attested to the love of the comfy feel of the Inari dress, I now know why! I just need to add a few inches for next time, and try to add some pockets, as some others have done. So, the changes for me for this pattern is mainly length and the sizing (44) worked well on my shoulders. Note that I used bias binding to finish my neckline and I think I widen the neckline just a smidge too to accommodate my big head!

By the way, I want to thank you for those who have left me comments on my posts. I don't always get to answer them but know I appreciate them! And welcome to new followers of my little blog!

Now, onto the next post!

11 comments:

  1. The dress is really beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so cute and you look summer fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect for summer wearing...at home. Otherwise it really is too short!

      Delete
  4. I have made the inari tee dress twice and love both although I do find the neck line a little high. Your floral version looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su. I just wish the fabric was a linen but I do love the colours in it.

      Delete
  5. I have made the inari tee dress twice and love both although I do find the neck line a little high. Your floral version looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress looks gorgeous, Melissa. And very comfy indeed. Love the flowers on your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you did the pattern placement & used the selvage on the sleeves of the Nani Iro top! I have the same fabric & am mulling over what pattern to make it up in. May copy-cat you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Feel free to copy away! Happy sewing!

      Delete