Saturday, June 11, 2016

And more tops sewn!

I am playing catch-up once again as I made these tops in April and May.

The first two are the Ann Carolyn Smock by Ellen Mason. This pattern was released in the Spring and I really like it! This first one is done in double gauze. The floral is from Nani Iro called "En Garden".
The second version is a plain linen, embellished with some scraps of leftover linen from other projects. 

The third top is a Wiksten Tova, which I have made a few times. The fabric is Nani Iro "Fuccra Rukuen".

This last top is Tunic No.1 from 100 Acts of Sewing. The fabric is (ahem - I know) Nani Iro "Clear Heart".  I used a size L and I may size down next time , or at least adjust the neckline as it's a bit wider than I'd prefer. The colour is lovely though - I call it my Mango ice cream top. 
I know, I know I have been sewing a lot. Although this output may seem impressive to my non-sewing friends, just know that these are pretty easy things to make (eg no buttonholes, no zips).   And yes I will be back with more sewing! Aren't you glad? ;-)

My sewing will likely slow down over the summer as I have started taking a sock knitting class so I have to get my brain (and hands) back into knitting mode. I am going to try the magic loop method too!

Have a lovely weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Everything looks lovely! The fabrics are lovely too. So exciting about the sock knitting class! Are you taking it at a local yarn shop? I hope you report on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty style tops and fabulous fabric. The 'Clear Heart' one is my favourite. Enjoy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! I really like the graphic nature of 'Clear Heart' as well.

      Delete
  3. Such lovely new tops, Melissa. And you were playing with different fabrics in one top. Very successfully, I have to say. But my favorite is the bright yellow mango ice cream one, lol. So very summer-y. Good luck with your sock knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tops! I must get my head around 'magic loop' too; I have a cardigan that's been on hold for (cough) months because I need to knit the sleeves in the round. My focus is on sewing at the moment, though. Those florals are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find watching youtube helped with understanding how to do the magic loop or any kind of knitting really. I just keep watching, trying, re-watching, trying...you get the picture!

      Enjoy your sewing!

      Delete
  5. I love your Mango Icecream top- so cute! This is also a pattern I want to try- it's in my pile of things to sew in August at my Mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa,
    so lovely - all of these. But the first one is my favorite. It looks so girly-like (and although I am 51 already I still love things that are a little bit girly-ish ....)

    Well - of course I wonder, when you sew all this - but more than that: When do you wear all of these, haha!

    I am looking forward to your knitting projects!

    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that mango ice cream top! Gorgeous colour with bold strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you're right--as a non-sewy friend, I am AMAZED at all you are sewing this summer (easy or not--they are still very impressive!)... All look so cool and easy to wear. At this rate you will have a new top for every day of the year :)

    Have fun knitting socks--I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the magic loop Melissa, I find it too hard on my hands and wrists but it is easy to do and gives a nice end result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so many pretty tops, all in those gorgeous prints! *love* I hope you enjoy knitting socks... just letting you know, It's addictive!

    ReplyDelete