Sunday, February 7, 2016

Out of the blue - beaded necklaces

I have always loved necklaces. In the last few years I have noticed there are a few I just wasn't wearing much anymore. I wasn't ready to give them away so I mentally put them on the back-burner to do something with them "one day".  Well, surprising to me, that one day arrived a couple of weeks ago. Necklace Refashion was born.

I was a bit "obsessive" about getting some results...here are five recently finished ones.




I had started off with the bigger beads (first photo) which was a good idea as I slowly realized how teeny tiny the holes in a lot of these beads are! I have another one in the works and then I think I'll put beading aside - it's very hard on the eyes!  I love getting new necklaces though!

I don't remember ever making jewelry before and it's a lot easier than I'd imagined. How about you? Have you done beading before?

Thanks for popping by. Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. These necklaces are really pretty. Its a great idea to refashion. Enjoy wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Caroline. I think I had almost as much fun making necklaces as you've had making hats lately!

      Delete
  2. I'm so impressed! How did you know what to do? Have you done beading before? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I hadn't done beading before. Pinterest helps a lot with inspiration! It was a lot of fun (except for threading through those teeny holes!).

      Delete
  3. Oh Melissa I envy you for your creativity. These necklaces are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely. What great combinations. I went through a phase at 18 (am forty now) of beading like crazy! I spent all my wages from waitressing in the bead shop in Brighton and sold my creations locally. I loved it. Then one day I lost interest and haven't done it since. Sad really. I still have my kit in the garage, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I can see how you can go through a crazy beading binge. It's been really fun to create these necklaces and made me feel a bit like a kid playing with beads. I hope you get your kit out of your garage and give it another go soon!

      Delete