Monday, December 7, 2015

A beautiful surprise in the mail

I've been very busy, and yet I also feel very disorganized and not getting much done during this holiday season. I just finished the beginner's knitting class so that may help me focus on the Christmas baking that needs to get done. In the meantime, amidst my grey cells getting rearranged into knitting patterns (so to speak), the postman came knocking at my door one morning with one big, huge flat package.

I said to him "I don't remember ordering anything that would come in such a package." He replied "whatever it is, I'm sure it will be good!", with a twinkle in his eyes. Good answer!

So when I looked at the return address, I literally squeaked. It was from Japan, and specifically from Frances of Miss Matatabi, my favourite shop of course!

It's the Naomi Ito 2016 Calendar!
 I love the one-of-a-kind decorated envelope too! The card is by Lotta Jansdotter and I love her work too!
Calm Joy. Perfect. 
I always like to peek at what my birthday month page looks like. 
Definitely dreamy and calm.

Love it! Thank you so much, Frances! It was a very thoughtful gift and a delight to my heart! 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely calendar--always nice to get a surprise in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love her work too, "calm joy" is a wonderfully apt name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer from your postman - as if he had know what was in there :) Such a wonderful surprise gift.

    ReplyDelete