Friday, October 16, 2015

Pearl Dress by Green Bee Patterns

Happy Friday! The sun is shining. My big Fall gardening jobs have all been tackled before the forecast for rain this weekend - yay! Rain = sewing time!

Awhile ago, I saw the Pearl dress pattern on Rae's blog. The first one was the Gingham Pearl dress, seen here.  I knew right away I wanted to make one for myself! The second one was a Corduroy Pearl dress, seen here. The latest is the Henley version, seen here in Bespoke double gauze. Love them all.

Here's my first make of the Pearl dress, in a tencel chambray (I think) that I bought locally.


As you can see, I used the cotton from the dress in my last post to make pockets for this dress. The tencel is a bit heavier than I'd like for pockets so this worked out nicely. I wore this to a family dinner last weekend and it was a hit.

I actually did not make any buttonholes as I can pull this over my head, so the buttons are simply decorative for this. (I avoid buttonholes as my machine is very unpredictable!) I do like the Henley version and I can see making a top out of this. I am sure there's another Pearl dress in the future.

There have been a lot of new pattern releases lately. I bought Marilla's Roberts Collection and I want to make the dungarees dress. I saw that Jen has released the Tamarack jacket. Wow, I really like this though the quilting part scares me a bit. Today, I bought the West Water Tunic pattern. The minute I saw it I knew I had to have it - that neckline! These are but three of many, many lovely new patterns of late!

Is there a new pattern release calling your name? 

Happy weekend. May you get to sneak in some sewing time!

9 comments:

  1. Love the new dress -- beautiful! It must be the season for new patterns -- the same has been happening in the knitting world too. I saw that Tamarack jacket. I bet you'd do fine with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty new dress, Melissa! I can't believe how many new creations you've sewed this year. Love the fact that you can pull it on and the buttons are merely decorative. Buttonholes and zippers and I never played well together :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely style of dress, and gorgeous fabric too. Like it with the pockets. I may have to get this pattern! I also have my eye on the Roberts pattern by Marilla as I love pinafore dresses and I also like the dungarees and jumpsuit. So much to sew and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. I just love that fabric and wish I could find more but in a different colour & print! I have the Roberts dungarees dress cut out and now just need to prioritize and start sewing!

      Delete
  4. This new dress is great and it looks so good on you. No wonder that it was a hit at the family dinner.
    The garden also kept us busy for at least two weeks end of September and beginning of October as we were cutting down four big trees. I'm so glad that it's done, sigh, as it means no more raking of all the leaves falling from these trees. But we are not done yet with all the garden work but for the last week or so it has been too cold and rainy. outside

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great frock! I am all over that Tamarack jacket from Grainline- it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharilyn. Looking forward to seeing your Tamarack!

      Delete
  6. I must have seen this pattern, on Rae's blog, but have overlooked it til now; I love your version! Very stylish, and I love the fabric, too. I'm also looking at the Roberts dungaree dress, and thank you for introducing me to the West Water tunic, a lovely pattern. I'm new to your blog and look forward to reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. I'm glad you've chosen to leave me a comment. I really appreciate that.

      I have finished my first West Water tunic and will post about it soon. My next make will be the Roberts dungaree dress!

      Delete