Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Arum dress by Deer & Doe

Happy Wednesday, Happy mid-week! I am typing with a band-aid around my left index finger which I have, unfortunately cut twice this month. Ouch. Thankfully it'd not too deep but it's awkward.

Luckily I had already finished my Arum dress, by Deer & Doe. I had first seen it sewn up at The Drapery and was intrigued by the shaping on the back. So, here is my version.


The pattern did not come with pockets but I decided to add some in-seam ones using a very light cotton lawn. I love the fit. It is closer to the body without it being tight and there is no zip required.

The fabric is an older Nani Iro and you can still find some here.

That's enough typing for today! Have a good rest of the week.

10 comments:

  1. And me, I am always intrigued by all these comfy dresses you are making, Melissa.
    Hope your finger recovers speedy, get well soon, my dear friend (and please keep away from sharp knives!)

    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am being more careful with sharp things at the moemnt!

      Delete
  2. Lovely, agree that pockets are the best thing. Great fabric as always. Hope your finger heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise. I finally dared to take the band-aid off and had a look at the cut. It's deeper than I'd hoped but at least no stitches required.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! I like your style when it comes to dresses. Ouch on your finger! Hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is gorgeous, love the floral print. Its great that you managed a more fitted look to your dress without having to insert a zip. Take care of your precious fingers, you need them to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. That pattern is a gem! My finger is healing but still a little tender. I think it's all the nerves at our fingertips that make them hurt longer!

      Delete
  5. Poor you, Melissa, even when a cut on the finger isn't deep it's always painful when you want to sew or stitch. I hope it's healed by now.
    Great new dress, and also great that you inserted pockets .

    ReplyDelete