Monday, August 17, 2015

Wiksten Tank dress in Painting Check

Gosh, where is the time going? The summer is flying by! I have been bad at posting even though I have been doing some sewing - some wins, some not-so-much! Here's one that I made recently and which I love - the Wiksten Tank Dress!


It's made up in Nani Iro Painting Check in an orange-y red. It's wonderful to wear in this hot weather. The only thing I would add next time is maybe a couple of inches in the length.

I'll take photos and post the other makes during this week.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! It looks so cool too -- perfect for this hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I think this would be a great pattern for your daughter to sew too!

      Delete
  2. So happy to read from you again, Melissa.
    Such a sweet tank dress - perfect for hot Summer days!
    Hope you had some wonderful Summer weeks!
    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda. It is a great piece for summer!

      Delete
  3. Love this dress, great idea making the tank into a dress, it really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su! The Wiksten tank pattern actually comes with a dress version so it's really great to get another option. I'm wearing it right now as a matter of fact!

      Delete
  4. So cute and summery, Melissa--it looks like it would be very cool to wear, too :)

    ReplyDelete