Sunday, August 30, 2015

Vogue 8985 tunic

Happy Sunday to you. I thought I would squeeze in a post before the end of August. I can finally post this tunic  that I finished two weeks ago.  This is a tunic/dress from Vogue 8985 (out of print).
From the photo above you can see that it's intended to have an elastic waistband. However, when I tried on the garment initially to check for sizing, I decided to leave out the elastic for now. 


I kinda like this sack-dress look on me.  I would wear this with a tank top or tee shirt underneath though for everyday (I was just lazy for this photo session).  I actually haven't worn it but it will be great for Fall. The fabric is a yarn-dyed cotton from Miss Matatabi.

Our long, hot and dry summer seems to have come to an end. It started raining on Friday and a super-dooper storm came in yesterday, rattling windows, knocking down trees, taking power out in parts of the city. Thank goodness we were OK. But the air has suddenly cooled and it has definitely made me switch gears and think about sewing plans for Fall! I am really looking forward to seeing new releases coming out from Named on Tuesday - 10 patterns! 

What about you? Have you started planning your fall sewing? Any ideas you want to share?
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Like your utility chic tunic, most versatile and easy to wear. I prefer this type of garment without elastic. Talking about Autumn/Fall sewing, I have finished a Japanese Apron Dress in a heavy linen but need to photograph it and blog it, hopefully early this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - utility chic! I like that term, Caroline! I think I will enjoy wearing this through the Fall.

      The Japanese apron dress sounds interesting! Looking forward to your post!

      Delete
  2. I have to admit I really like this shape of dress, so easy to wear and comfy. Great fabric and buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I was surprised too by liking it "as is", without the elastic. I want to sew the Bettine dress which has an elastic waist. It will be interesting how that turns out on me.

      Delete
  3. Very nice tunic! I love loosing fitting tunics like this. Looks great. I heard about those storms going through -- glad you came through ok and kept your power. Hope you stay cool now -- the forecasts I've seen say you will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I think you need to start sewing so you can have your own! ;-)

      As I type it is pouring outside! Definitely end of summer.

      Delete
  4. Very comfortable looking tunic!
    And such a pretty flower bouquet. I love dahlias but did not plant them this year because of the horrid snail invasion!

    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tunic looks good on you.
    Our weather is turning today, rain and falling temperatures are filling my batteries again.

    ReplyDelete