When last I left Me-Made-May, I wanted to sew some more dresses. There were three new-to-me patterns to try. I will start off with my favourite of the finishes, the Alder Shirtdress by Grainline Studio.
Next up, Robe Aubepine by Deer and Doe. It is fully lined and I am just so pleased to have tackled lining for the first time and survived! The fabric is Nani Iro Birds Eye ranman. I just had enough for short sleeves but next time I would like to make the longer sleeve and use a solid linen and do without a lining. Overall I am pleased as it fits me surprisingly well!
Darling Ranges pattern. I had made Version 1 earlier. I had used size XL and felt it was a bit roomy in the bodice so I changed to a size L for this one. Bad move. The armholes were tight and I just managed to close at the bust. Overall though it didn't work for me. Neither did the cut of the dress in this version. I can vouch for the fact that quilting cotton, in this case, just did not help the cause!