Monday, June 8, 2015

June - a slower sewing month?

Hello! It's been a week since Me-Made-May ended. It was very strange at first. I believe I went into withdrawal! I missed seeing everyone's creations though it has felt almost like a holiday since I didn't have to think about posting something every day! Me-Made-May has given me more summer dresses and skirts to wear which was great as we seem to be having a hot summer already, even if summer has not officially started.

We did have a few cool days at the start of last week and I finally decided to try my hand at a kimono style robe pattern. It was one of those patterns from a book borrowed from the library last year when I started sewing and didn't know as much as I do now. Hence I think I made some mistakes with constructing the pattern AND following the sewing instructions.  It didn't turn out the way I'd hoped but it's functional as a summer robe for those hot days.
It looks oddly out of proportion doesn't it? The robe looks really short and it isn't. It's because the sleeves are so darn long and wide. I've since shortened the sleeves by a couple of inches and it's a lot better. The fabric was purchased on sale last year, no idea of content though "we" thought it's probably cotton. It's a pretty print and reminds me of things I've seen from Liberty of London.

I've been planning my next projects, wanting to try some new-to-me patterns. We'll see what lands in this spot next!

How about you? What's on your sewing machine?

1 comment:

  1. I have a lot of things that I need to blog about but namely I've recently made four woven hemlock tees! A great and easy pattern. Oh, and also two more Staple Dresses. :) I'm currently working on the outfit-along -- handknit sweater + dress. Halfway done with the sweater, and I have a self-imposed deadline to finish both and wear them by this weekend when I go to the Estes Park Wool Market. :) Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete