Saturday, May 9, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 9

Zing! The temperatures have really heat up and it will be a nice, warm weekend. Time for some bright colours! This is the beloved Scout Tee from Grainline Studio, made last year in Nani Iro Freedom Garden.  I do love how the double gauze gets crinkly with wear around the seams. Love this!  Wish I had more of this fabric for a skirt!
I've been really enjoying seeing the Me-Made-May garments out there! Last year at this time I had no idea what the sewing world was! It slowly started with my mom asking me to hem some pants for her. Since I was rusty with sewing skills, I thought I would go online and look up the process of shortening these pants for her.

Well, you know what happens when you go online to look for information - a  Jack-in-the-Box jumps out, arms loaded with eye candy.  Indy designers were a big draw for me. Scout tee and the Wiksten Tova were two of the first designs that I gravitated to and fortunately they worked out really well.

Hope you are enjoying Me-Made-May out there too!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you've rediscovered your love of sewing, Melissa... I'm sure all these great prints are very, very different from those you used when you first began!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished my first Scout Tee! Loving Me Made May!

    ReplyDelete