Friday, May 8, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 8

My love affair with the Maya sewing pattern continues. This time I decided to try it with sleeves, as described by Marilla's blog post here.  Basically I made the sleeves as long as my fabric width would allow.
The front of the top is made with Nani Iro's Jewel Song in a gorgeous pale pink.  I had purchased 1 meter of this thinking I would make a scarf, but when the Maya came along, I found a charming Nani Iro Fuwari Fuwari remnant that I could use for the back. So, this top was born. Lucky me!

The photos do not do justice to the colours. Naomi Ito has a magic way with creating the fabrics for Nani Iro. The colours from one year's designs seem to coordinate nicely with another year's. Not always but often.

I love this version of Maya too! Two pattern pieces plus the pocket. Easy Peasy!

2 comments:

  1. Love this top! Nani Iro really does make wonderful fabric! And you use her fabric to good effect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fabrics in great colors--they came together beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete