Saturday, May 30, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 30

I made a pair of culottes! These started off as Girl Friday Culottes from Liesl & co. I did make a wearable muslin out of some, it turned out, awful quilting cotton. I knew then I needed some softer fabric so I cut out a pair out of this Robert Kaufman chambray. 

While the Girl Friday culottes are very elegant, I recently saw something different online and decided I would try and make some changes:
- abandoned the inseam pockets and waistband
- folded over the waist on the skirt and inserted 1 inch elastic. Added big patch pockets on the sides of the culottes.


These worked out better than I'd hoped. I do want to do a big bigger pockets, maybe with gathers. I also want to do this with a linen, which I have never sewn with before.

The top I am wearing is one I made at the beginning of May - the lovely Maya pattern from Marilla Walker.

Last day for Me-Made-May 2015 tomorrow! Woo-hooooo!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool looking outfit, Melissa! Look forward to seeing your next pair of culottes!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the culotte! I'd love a full pic of you in it though -- to the floor? No worries, I'm just saying. lol! Very nice!! And you're almost done with Me Made May! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fab! They would also look great in linen! I am looking forward to seeing your next pair!

    ReplyDelete