I made a pair of culottes! These started off as Girl Friday Culottes from Liesl & co. I did make a wearable muslin out of some, it turned out, awful quilting cotton. I knew then I needed some softer fabric so I cut out a pair out of this Robert Kaufman chambray.
While the Girl Friday culottes are very elegant, I recently saw something different online and decided I would try and make some changes:
- abandoned the inseam pockets and waistband
- folded over the waist on the skirt and inserted 1 inch elastic. Added big patch pockets on the sides of the culottes.
The top I am wearing is one I made at the beginning of May - the lovely Maya pattern from Marilla Walker.
Last day for Me-Made-May 2015 tomorrow! Woo-hooooo!