Last year I stitched Dress No. 1 from 100 Acts of Sewing. You can see the post here. I also made one for a friend so I know the pattern is simple, easy and it works. I have been thinking that, with modifications, it would make a great cotton slip, and also a nightdress for those warmer nights.
So, I took the Dress No. 1 pattern and melded it with the Wiksten tank on top, to skinny the shoulders. Now I know the Wiksten tank has a dress version but I wanted the the wider dress portion of Dress No.1
The first one is what I call my nightdress. It was a cotton voile I purchased last year online, on sale. It was one of those situations where I loved the fabric (feels great), the colours (blues, oranges) but the print - pretty but reminds me of upholstery so someone could accidentally sit on me if I wore this out! ;-) Kidding.
This next one is my slip. I had intended to start with a white one using lawn but I had goofed up on my cutting so I decided to start with a grey one. You might wonder why grey but that's more because of coincidence. This is a lovely chambray shirting from Robert Kaufman which I had purchased online. I didn't know until I got it in front of me how sheer it is! The fabric is gorgeous but it was either going to serve as lining of some type or needed to be lined. So I thought it would make a good slip, especially for wearing under double gauze.
I see a few more versions of this "basic" to come!
As an aside, I have comments from new visitors to the blog. Thank you so much! It's nice to know people are reading the blog. It's a sunny Sunday afternoon so gardening will have to replace sewing today! See you tomorrow!