Friday, May 29, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 29

I finally made the Washi from Made by Rae.  When I started sewing last summer, the Washi was one of those well loved patterns out there but it was only up till now that I've cracked open the pattern. I decided just to make a simple sleevless top out of it.


I am undecided whether I like it on me. I think my indecision is probably based on the fact that I am used to wearing loose fitting things and this is a snug fit, so something different!  The other thing though is it feels a bit like a maternity top. Someone else said that she lowered the neckline, and also added 2 inches to the bodice and felt then that it looked a lot better on her. I might try that next time. 

I had withheld the little cap sleeve things (I've learned now I don't like that on me, just like with the Alice Top), did simple gathers instead of pleats in the front and an elastic instead of shirring at the back.  

The fabric is Nani Iro, another older print that I had hunted down. 

Two more days to go! Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous and i think looks great on you! I love this pattern and it is on my list of patterns i would like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su! I think I just have to get used to the different "shape" on me. I'll be looking to see how you like this pattern later!

      Delete
  2. The fabric is divine. I had never realised the Washi had elastic at the back! Looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. The original Washi pattern calls for elastic shirring at the back which I wasn't keen on. Their expansion pack has an option where you add a casing in for a wider elastic so that's what I did.

      Yes I hunted this fabric down last year and have been hoarding it till now!

      Delete
  3. It looks really great on you! I hear you on not liking tight fitting tops, but I didn't even think it looked tight fitting. Doesn't look maternity to me at all.

    ReplyDelete