Thursday, May 28, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 28

Today's outfit is dubbed "The Farm Girl look|" courtesy of my husband. 

The fabric is a simple plaid, Japanese cotton from Miss Matatabi.   While I wanted to try something a bit different (not Nani Iro?) I still wanted to stick with cotton.  Then I waited for inspiration to hit as to what to make with it. A shirt was an obvious choice but I didn't want a "standard" shirt style. Then I remembered I had the Factory Dress Pattern from Merchant & Mills.  So I added about 6" to the bodice and made a top out of it.

I quite like it! The cotton is light and a bit crinkly which I like. Made as a top I will definitely be wearing this through the summer. 

The pattern was easy enough to stitch up. I am not crazy about the back facing though as it's a bit flappy as you can see by the first photo.  I do like how the front neckline dips. It adds a bit of elegance to a boxy design.

I do feel a bit like a tomboy with this outfit! ;-)  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love plaids. Great shirt! You are good at this modifying thing.

    ReplyDelete