Monday, May 25, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 25

I actually finished this right after the Scout tee dress. I like to line up things to sew with similar colours so I don't need to change threads so often. 

This is Dress No. 1 (bottom) and Wiksten Tank (top) melded together to make a happy fit for me.  The fabric is from the Nani Iro Spring 2015 collection. It's called En Garden. You can see the whole collection here.

I tried my hand at making gathered pockets, which I am quite pleased about. I used the selvedge on one pocket  upside down so when I sit down I can look at it and read it.
This dress says perfectly captures May in my garden, full of wonderful late spring blooms and my first flush of roses.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love all your makes but this one especially, the colours are amazing and rhe pockets so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! That fabric is wonderful -- and I love what you did with the selvedge on the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Melissa,
    I just had a little time, so I scrolled through your MMM days a little bit and I am really amazed about all these wonderful clothes you made! That makes indeed a closet full of posies!
    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa! I just came across your blog you've made so many clothes lately, I feel tired just looking through them haha! This dress is so pretty, the print matches the style so well :) xx

    ReplyDelete