Sunday, May 24, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 24

This is Dress E from the Stylish Dress Book, Wear with Freedom.  I've made Dress E before but this time with a couple of changes. See if you can spot them before I tell you.

The changes I made was to (1) increase the sleeve length as much as I could with the fabric I had and then I wore them rolled up, (2) lowered the neckline a couple of inches at center front, then just rounding it out a bit - I really like how it turned out, kinda like a rounded V if that makes sense! and (3) though you can't see it the back is now one piece instead of two and I trimmed down the width.

The fabric is an Indian cotton from Merchant & Mills. I actually bought a couple of pieces of this cotton from an online Canadian store last year which, sadly, has closed down.  The cotton is a wonderful weight for summer.

I finished this last night and wasn't sure how I felt about it. This morning I put it on and it just felt perfect!   I seem to be eying denim and indigo shades at the moment - must be the influence of summer coming!

6 comments:

  1. This is really lovely - the fabric is gorgeous! Thanks for the info re Nani Iro fabric. I would prefer to use a UK stockist and will look into this. However, I must not buy anymore fabric until I use some of my fabric stash first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely indigo fabric by M&M. It's always a challenge when working on a directional print fabric but you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Your changes are so nice! The neckline is perfect -- love that shape. Love the gathers (tucks?) in front too. Looks great on you! Love the fabric too. Love blues and indigos and denims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of all your Nani Iro fabrics and am loving all the pretty things your making with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of all your Nani Iro fabrics and am loving all the pretty things your making with them!

    ReplyDelete