Wednesday, May 20, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 20

Hot off the sewing machine - a summer dress! Oh, I'm so in love with this one!  It's a mix of components I love:

1. Scout tee by Grainline Studio
2. Dress No 1 by 100 Acts of Sewing
3. Alison Glass Handcrafted cotton - Plus Teal


I love it! This is something I drafted using the first two patterns. I really like the drape of the Dress No 1 on me and have decided to adopt that. There will be more versions to come!

One of the things I learned from Me-Made-May this year is COLOUR. Basically how colour shifts with the light of the seasons. A lot of things I made in the cool light of fall & winter now fail miserably in this bright sunshine! I am sure the reverse will happen when I attempt to wear brights in the darker days later - "garish" might be a word that will pop up. So, that was interesting to me. I also find that the brighter colours look better on me as well even though I love paler shades and fall-ish tones!

Any epiphanies from MMM2015 for you?

6 comments:

  1. So so pretty! I love the shape of this dress so much! And the fabric! Alison Glass is one of my favorite designers, as you know. Love her Handcrafted line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. Can't wait till her fall line comes out!

      Delete
  2. EEEEE! I love this! Like love love this! Nice job! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharilyn! I lucked out with this first try!

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely dress! I love the fabric colour too!

    ReplyDelete