Saturday, May 2, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 2

This morning when I got up it was a bit chilly. It had been windy and rainy during the night. So I pulled out a long sleeve to start the day off.
The top is Top 64 by Merchant & Mills. I made this last year. The cotton is a Janet Clare line. The pants are cropped, easy pull on (Vogue 8985), something comfy to wear at home.  The fabric is a great cotton from Alison Glass' Handcrafted line.  I really like the cottons in this line for garments, very soft and comfy.

So, today, two handmades worn!

I've been sewing so should have something new to show tomorrow. It's been fun to see all the Me-Made-May garments so far!

7 comments:

  1. So far so good! Looking for your new garment tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I did get them both done yesterday so should be able to post soon!

      Delete
  2. A nice and practical top, a great wardrobe staple. A cotton fabric that's SOFT and COMFY - I need to get some! I sew a lot of jersey knits as I find they feel and look better on me. I really do need to make the effort to sew more woven fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I've tried quilting cottons - the Top64 uses one but it's a more structured top so that's ok - but the softer Alison Glass gets my vote! I'm trying to find out what the base is so that cotton too.

      You need to make an effort to sew more wovens and I need to make an effort to sew more knits!

      Delete
  3. That top looks so comfy! Love the pants -- that Alison Glass fabric is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I love that AG fabric. I hear she will have a Fall line out in a few months!

      Delete
  4. That really looks like a top you can totally relax in, Melissa--love the blue, of course!

    ReplyDelete