Tuesday, May 12, 2015

MMM 2015 - Day 12

So, finished yesterday sometime...my first two piece finish. It all started with a free skirt pattern - the Easy Gathered Skirt by Pattern Runway.  I thought it would be great to have a couple of easy, breezy skirts to wear. I used Nani Iro's Woodblock Pocho.
I think I had about 3 yards of this so I had a piece left over for a small top. Well, I had to go with the Maya top again because it makes such good use of fabric. I had to crop it though by 2.5 inches I think. I used another fabric for the facing. It was a lovely surprise to get a two piece out of this fabric. 
The only thing I am a bit unhappy about is the shade of the fabric (I do love the print!). It's got a lot of yellow-y green in that grey, even if it doesn't show up in the photos. Not a good colour for me. So I will have to wrap myself with some colour to fix it up!  Maya with rolled up sleeves looks pretty cute! 
I really like the skirt pattern, by the way. It has a flat waistband front with gathers, while the back has the elastic waistband. I opted for patch pockets just to play with the prints more.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Love this!!!! The fabric looks great,the skirt and maya top look good togtogether and separately - great to squeeze out two items from the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous outfit! Looks great on you too! It's hard to tell from the pics that the color has that yellowy-green tinge. The red kerchief looks great though so if that's a solution, go for it! Great two piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're getting pretty fancy there with your two piece outfit sewing, Melissa :) It looks great--sorry about the yellowy color, though. I have the same issues with yellow--it makes me look like I'm dead! You look very cute in the top, jeans and scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, this outfit is gorgeous! I love the fabric and that skirt!!! I hope you get loads of wear from this outfit and I seriously wish it was in my wardrobe ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete