Monday, April 6, 2015

Simple Modern Sewing - Top 2A

I've been trying out new patterns.  Some I am still fiddling around with as I am not happy with the fit. This one, though, I think is ready for show-and-tell.



 The top is a simple raglan sleeve, but with a neckband that's gathered with two rows of elastic. I quite like it. The fabric is the Kaufman chambray that I've seen a lot around the blogs. No wonder, it's such a lovely soft fabric and the price is great!

I did the Tova sleeve cuff finish (my favourite method). The only thing I would change is to make the body a bit longer.

I will be back soon with another finish. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! That fabric looks wonderful too! The elastic neck brings back memories of my childhood somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute this latest top is, Melissa! And so comfy looking with that soft fabric. I like the way you've finished the sleeves, too, rather than letting them hang loose. (Like that necklace, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beauty! (Getting ready to make it myself, and doing some internet snooping before diving in!) I agree that the gathered cuffs are a nice touch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete