Hi, I'm back and I finally have some new garments to show off. These are my "first time tries" so I used sale fabrics for just such a purpose, before I cut into "good" fabrics. I don't always do this but I try to as they have saved me many times!
First out of the gate is the Oceanside Pants by Blank Slate Patterns. I whip these ups a couple of weeks ago just to try out the fit.
I'm glad I did since initially I thought the fit was just fine, then when I wore them around the house I realize the rise is too short to be comfortable. So this week, I ripped out the casing, added a strip to make a new casing, and it was much better! They are very comfy. Although I don't like this fabric it's great just to lounge in these indoors as our weather has gotten so much warmer. Next I will hunt for some linen/cotton mix to make a good pair.
Second project is Butterick 6024. I first made it back in August and it was way too big. I actually bought the pattern again in a smaller size just so I can try this out again. I really like the pleats in the design.
Last one to show you is a Japanese pattern from a company called "M Patterns" and it's M142. I am making that white blouse. No, I don't understand Japanese so I just guessed from the looking at the diagrams which can be confusing. The way they did the front button facing is quite different.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!