Sunday, February 8, 2015

Catching up

I'm playing catch up with some of my makes that I haven't posted before. I'll start off with a new-to-me pattern, which is the Blouse Marthe from Republique du Chiffon.

I love the fabric which is a cotton sateen from Cocca, called "Origami". I just love that fabric made into Blouse Marthe.  One interesting thing of note though I didn't realize till much later: the model for the pattern is based on 165cm or about 5'5" height. I'm about 6 inches taller or 180 cm so I think next time I will make it into a tunic. It might not be obvious but when I am wearing this and standing making things over a kitchen counter, let's say, the roomy tunic will drift forward and slink onto the counter - a bit awkward for doing things.   I do like the blouse though!


In January I managed to send off a couple of garments I made for friends.  First off I made the Schoolhouse Tunic for my friend who is expecting Baby #1! Instead of pleats I just made gathers for the tunic as I thought this would work out better as her baby and her belly grows!
Next I made Dress No 1 from 100 Acts of Sewing for my friend in beautiful New Zealand. Here she is looking lovely! 
I'm really pleased both garments worked out well for my friends!

I really have been in a bit of a lull as to sewing. Fabrics and patterns have been staring at me and I just stare back and then put my nose in my book again! I hope that changes soon. Meanwhile I love bringing home tulips to brighten these grey February days! 
Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Love that blouse -- too bad it's just the wrong length on you though for the kitchen counters. Love what you made for your friends too! I think sometimes we need to go through a book reading phase. I know you will get back to sewing. Love your tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three new garments, the one for your and the two for your friends are looking great. And although I'm always partial to fabrics with flowers I particularly love the red fabric you used for your blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blouse, Melissa--and it looks so pretty on you (being so short, I would look like a pregnant woman, I'm afraid :)

    How wonderful that you were able to sew for Anne and your NZ friend. Their smiles attest to how pleased they are with your gifts...

    Have you tried audio books? You could then listen AND sew :) Just an idea... Don't want your beautiful fabrics to get too lonely after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my_ I love the new blouse! Thank you for introducing me to Republique du Chiffon! that fabric choice is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice makes indeed. Happy that your friends love their tunics / dresses. This is the first time I've heard of 100 Acts of Sewing. What an interesting name.

    ReplyDelete