Monday, December 1, 2014

Oh, my Darling Ranges!

When I started to get interested in sewing again this late spring, I was really happy to see so many wonderful designs from indie designers.  I saw the Darling Ranges dress and went "hmmmm" with interest. You see, I don't wear dresses but something about this design just nudged at me.  Time went by and recently I decided, why not give it a try. I have to say I am just in love with this dress. It can just hang there for me to look at as I wait for warmer weather to wear it.

The fabric is a Liberty Lifestyle cotton I was hoarding. It is not cotton lawn, but it is still a lovely cotton, a bit lighter than quilting cotton. Everything about the design just says "tea in an English garden".  I love it!

Now I want to make one in a bit warmer fabric and make it just a wee bit longer. Brushed cotton perhaps?

5 comments:

  1. I love this! The fabric is fantastic, and the style is right up my alley. Great job! I hope you do make another in a longer length.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, so Spring and Summery! I like the button too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty fabric, Melissa, and such a darling dress! I'm not a dress-wearer either... had one for the first time in a long time for dad's funeral. Actually, I kind of enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely- and yes warmer days are returning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress, I shall have to take a look at that range of patterns

    ReplyDelete