Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Sailor Top from Fancy Tiger Crafts

When the Sailor Top first came out, I was debating whether to buy this design only because it was very similar to something I'd already made - New Look 6185.  However, I was never really happy with the fit and after seeing so many different versions of the Sailor Top, I said "why not? Let's give it a go". I'm so glad I did.


It's such a great fit. I love it and I can see more Sailor Tops to come! It was an easy-peasy make. The only "hard" part is just taking the time (aka Slow Down!) to match up the body to the neckband. I love the way the sleeve and body hemlines are designed the same way.

The fabric is Nani Iro Little Letters in brushed cotton. Perfectly soft and dreamy.  (And, a shout out to my friend Sharilyn - there is a colourway pink on caramel at Spool. Check it out! ) I squeezed my top out of 2 meters and I have enough to do a scarf as well! I love the little silvery bits in the fabric.
Sail on!  I'm dreaming of more Sailor Tops to come!

4 comments:

  1. That is one cute top! I love sailor tops. I say you can never have too many. The fabric is lovely too! You are going great guns. Still 100? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous top and fits you really well. With some luxurious fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats it-drop everything I'm headed to Spool of Thread! OK I actually am going to go on Monday! I have a great pattern for my little Miss this fabric would be perfect for- thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and comfy looking top, Melissa. And that fabric is very sweet :) Glad you're so happy with the fit, too!

    ReplyDelete