Friday, September 5, 2014

Shearwater Kaftan : "Shear" Delight!

A few weeks ago, when I first attempted the Shearwater Kaftan I had a near meltdown. You can read about it here. I did end up saving the garment but I knew I had to go back to the drawing board, so to speak.

So, I revised my pattern pieces to a size up and cut out the pieces as per normal, or on the grainline, rather than across. I am so relieved now that it fits me wonderfully and I love how it turned out!  I will be making another one (or two) I am sure! 
The fabric is a batik and I love the pattern and the colour!  I did not make the tabs for the sleeves. Although I admire how the tabs look on others' versions, I knew I would not use it. This works for me.

I have been loving the colour orange in the last couple of years. Here it is in my pot of begonias in our garden.
I was out in the garden this morning, after having neglected it for at least a week. We had fall weather roll in over the Labour Day weekend and I can just see this reflected in the garden. Things are looking tired, like they've been partying and it's time to go to bed!  I guess I'd better psyche myself up for some fall garden clean-up this month!

Meanwhile, more sewing! Next up, the Cappucino dress/tunic!

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so pretty, Melissa!! Glad your revisions worked out so well for this tunic--that color is great for this time of year, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style of this top and the colour is perfect for the time of year.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete