Friday, September 19, 2014

More from the Sewing Factory

Hello on the start of what we hope will be a sunny weekend! Currently we are still having some drizzle and (brrrrr...) cold, but hopefully this will change soon as per forecast!

The Sewing Factory chez moi has churned out a few more creations. I've committed these to my "good" fabrics.

First, the Shearwater Kaftan in Nani Iro's "Dear Mother's Girlhood - Gratitude".

 I like this one a lot. It's very comfy.

Next up is really my first make on the Camber Top by Merchant & Mills.  The fabric I used was part of a couple of "end pieces" I purchased from Linnie Darling awhile ago.  This is called Field Star.
Not crazy about this on me. I've since taken in the sides a wee bit. I may shorten it too as it then may look better as a "short boxy top".

The third and last one is *sigh* a beauty!  Look at this fabric! It's another from the "end pieces" I got and it's a Nani Iro cotton (not gauze) called Little Letters in Wedgewood floral. It's the Wiksten Tova with a few inches added for tunic (I'm tall) and I'm looking forward to wearing this with leggings in the upcoming cooler weather!  The fabric is a light cotton, not quite like lawn, but close. I love this piece!

That's it for this week. Thank you so much for visiting. I really appreciate reading your comments, knowing that someone reads this new blog of mine!

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. You are speeding along on making clothing. I'm so impressed! I like all three tops myself. They came out wonderfully! You are tall? I wish I were. I'm short. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely garments Melissa! You must be on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just amazed at how quickly you whip things together, Melissa--and so beautifully, too! I especially love the blues of the last one and it looks super comfortable. Where do you purchase your fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tops, the fabric is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Roza blouse below Melissa, with or without the extra insert. Your latest ones are lovely too - I do like your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love the Tova tunic and think I must buy this pattern. I've been looking at it for months now.
    I think you are making some lovely wearable garments. I'm very impressed.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete