Monday, August 4, 2014

Prototype #7 - Wiksten Tank

OK. Final finish of July. While I loved the Wiksten Tova, the Wiksten Tank has given me more issues with fit but here is where the use of a muslin has really helped.

Initially I had cut out an XL. While the tank is a loose fit (so you can pull this over your head without closures), there was a lot of gaping around the armhole. While I fiddled with the muslin - lots of basting, trying on, re-basting, etc - I decided to go back to the pattern and trace out a L size. I also added about an inch in the front neckline as I felt it was too low for me. I did a tiny adjustment in the back, as per Rae's blog post here, which was really helpful.

I cut out the Large with a cheap cotton (I still wasn't confident about the tank). Here's how it looks.
I guess it looks alright hanging there. It is definitely a quilting cotton and one which I don't enjoy wearing. The pattern is cute though and I had lots of fabric to use. I used some as the seam binding for the Scout tee in my last post, which I think was a great lessons learned for me.

Prototype #7 - started and completed July 31, 2014!

Will I make this again? I'm surprised to tell you I'm not sure. For one thing I don't wear that many tank tops. Bra straps are always an issue for me. If I make this again, I will definitely use a nicer fabric.

1 comment:

  1. I also had issues with the Wiksten tank- glad to hear Im not the only one who had to do some tweaking of the pattern!

    ReplyDelete