Monday, August 4, 2014

Plans for August sewing

So, what did you think of all my posts and garments made? I posted this all on August 4. Everything I've been wanting to say and show for awhile, all done in a few hours.  I had to grit my teeth and said "Just Do It! then you can go play..." Sounds like what I used to say to my son.

As you can see by my previous posts, July was really my "dipping my toes in the water" but then just plunging in and enjoying the swim! It's been great getting back into sewing AND learning lots of new things. I think it's great that there are so many independent designers out there creating such wonderful garments. Ditto with fabric designers. Ditto all the wonderful bloggers out there!  I have only begun to scratch the surface, I'm sure.

For August, new patterns to test out (read "muslin"):
Gosh, I could get on a plane right now and head to London - visit Liberty of course, but Merchant & Mills! OMG, I love everything I see online! (Aren't I lucky?)

I will show you the two other pieces of Nani Iro that I got last month. They are bigger pieces for long sleeves so I won't be using them for the Scout tee. I am waiting for other fabrics to arrive. When they do, you know what I will be stitching first to see me through this hot weather! 


I hope you have made it through all my posts. Which garment did you like from July? I would love to know! Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! Your garments are all so pretty! Sooooo, do you use an overlock machine????? I've always wondered about that. The last time I made any clothing, my friend -- who used to work in clothing factories -- made me use her overlock machine to make the pieces. What happens if you don't have one? lol! It's been years since I've sewn clothing. Also, do you need a special stitch for stretchy fabrics????

    Have you gotten any liberty tana lawn to try yet? I bet it would be great for clothing! (Have you heard of Merchant and Mills? Google it and take a look!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog. I still wish I could sew lol. Love the Scout tee. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much enjoyed seeing what you have made since your return to garment sewing.
    You've been very busy and everything is just lovely.
    August plans sound good - can't wait to see!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all Melissa, I couldn't pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made some really lovely pieces, Melissa! Best of all it sounds like you have been having fun learning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great first steps into sewing. And you were so busy in July and everything turned out so great. It must be so much fun to dive into the different patterns and fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your August sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty fabric. I am looking forward to seeing how you use it.

    I really like Shearwater Kaftan pattern. Makes me want to try sewing clothing but I probably better stick to quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh Melissa! Love your new fabrics!! I too wish I could head to London to visit Liberty and Merchant and Mills! Maybe you can make me a tank...heheee!!

    ReplyDelete